Friday, February 28, 2014

Reasons I Cry



I cry a lot. I cry when I'm happy, sad, angry, and afraid.
I cry a lot for her. For a host of reasons. And I've decided to start documenting those reasons.

Today I cried at work. I cried because I am sad that I didn't unwrap her. Although I looked at her fingers and toes, like most parents, I didn't look at her whole body. And I wish I could go back in time just to see all of her. I'd do everything over again, just for that.

I thought of that today randomly while sitting at my desk. That's grief. It's random. And it's an asshole.

1 comment:

  1. Oh... i cry for the same reason. I was so scared that i look at her in every details, but i didn't unwrap her... now i say to myself how stupid i have been not to think to unwrap that little bundle. Random sadness..

    ReplyDelete