Thursday, March 7, 2013

And so it begins

This is a story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down.....

No, really. It is. I'm starting this blog as an outlet for me as I deal with the evil bitch we all know as Grief.
On June 7th 2012 my daughter, Jocelyn, was stillborn due to Turners Syndrome. I will write more about how all of that went down soon. But for now, I am just writing to say that I'm going to write.
I'm going to talk about all the things that have happened. All the things that have changed and subsequently split my entire world into "before" and "after".
I'm going to cry. And laugh. And be wildly inappropriate. And morbid. Yes, prepare for morbid.
The title of this blog is simply a challenge to myself. A reminder that I don't want to be broken forever. I don't want my daughter to be the reason that I am not okay. I want to somehow, in some magical way that I don't yet understand, be better because of her. Because of loving her and knowing her and even because of losing her.
I don't want to move on. Or forward. Or past it. I want to emerge. And I want to emerge better.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment